Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vintage inspired ornaments...


I love vintage handcrafted items. So much that I wanted to get vintage holiday postcards and sandwich them inbetween glass and use them as ornaments. I searched for inexpensive postcards, but the cheapest I found was $8 per card. Honestly, no one is going to buy an ornament for $12-$15. So after a bit of searching, I found a site that has stickers and other scrapbook items for great prices (and the send you candy with every order - how could I not use them?!) http://www.addictedtoscrapbooking.com/ has wonderful holiday vintage inspired stickers. All I did was stick them to acid free paper and sandwich it between extremely thin glass (think it is the same size as they use for medical slides). I foiled it and soldered using mirror flux so there wouldn't be any seepage. Solder on a small ring, wash off the flux and there you have it - a pretty ornament.
These will hopefully sell for $6 a piece.

No comments: