Friday, October 10, 2008

Dichroic Bobbie Pins..


One of my favorite pieces to make. Also great for using up scrap dichroic glass. Dichroic glass looks differant in daylight versus household light. The colors it reflects are brillant. When you see an unfired piece of glass, it will be one color. After it is fired, it changes. Amazing stuff to work with. I usually buy my findings at either Glass Art Patterns or Rings N Things. I will tell you this much - dichroic is hard to photograph. Too much glare.

For the up comming craft fair season I have made over 70 bobbie pins. Plenty of colors and designs. I sell these for $7 each.

2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Hi, Adelina,

I like what you're showing here! You're right, though, dichroic glass can be tricky to photograph. Looking in our online catalog, it seems our solution is to just do tight closeups of each dichroic bead. Could that help you too?

Hey, thank you for the props about shopping with us! We appreciate it so much...

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Adelina said...

Thanks Dave! Some one else just told me that they cut off the bottem and top of a milk jug and place it over the piece of jewelry and put the camera at the top and take a picture. The milk jug acts as a filter.

And thank you for having such a wonderful and helpful store.

Adelina