Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pie time......


I remember when I picked up the latest issue of The Score, from the Spectrum glass company, I was so excited because for once I really (truely) wanted to do a pattern that they posted without altering it. For some reason I love the pie in the window. Gives off a feeling of a fall day in the country. I used the pattern as is - 7 inches by 7 inches. All the glass was scrap glass I had at home in my scrap bins. The one thing I am disappointed in, is that you can't see the texture of the glass I used for the curtains. It is a beautiful white krinkle glass by Spectrum. The camera just wasn't able to pick it up. I did add the glass apple because it is an apple pie after all.

This had to be my favorite (and most fun) pattern I had done in a while. Most of the time I am working on floral panels. This is the first time I have done something that doesn't have a dragonfly or flower in it. I am also digging the fantastic job I did on the soldering!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you add more info about it.

Cate said...

love it!

reminds me... I need to bake a pie for Ryan's class next week...