Monday, October 13, 2008

Beads.....


A while ago a received a package of lovely glass rods (104 coe and in amazing colors), mandrels, raku frit, silver leaf and flux (the flux was for my stained glass) from a lovely woman on a message board I frequent. I was expecting the flux, but not that other items. So I was excited because that meant I would have an excuse to go make beads. The last time I did any bead work was about a year and a half ago in the bead making class I took at my local glass shop.

So I got started and turned out four lovely beads with the raku frit, I have two others that will never every see the light of day because they are UGLY. These took me about 2 hours to finish and I still have to anneal them - most likely will be done tonight. Because I had such a nice time with the torch and glass, I will be doing more beads in the future. I just have to make time...

No comments: