Thursday, July 3, 2008

Doily (still needs to be blocked)...and destashing...



Hey, here it is! My first doily. Pretty darn proud of myself - in all my years I never thought I could crochet a doily. Now I am on a thread and string finding mission. Still having an issue with color choices. When I buy the thread, I really like the color, as I am working on it I start to despise the color. Even though I did crochet it, I really am too lazy to block it. What I just might do is finish a few more doilies and then block them all at the same time.

Now for the destashing. I made a promise to myself when I first started to crochet. Never ever have too much yarn and never ever have more than more project going at the same time. I have collected some yarns over the past few months but nothing major. I want to have something in my basket. But what I really don't like is the odds and ends of leftover skeins. I will use them all up by August. That is my promise to myself.
I don't want my yarn habit to get out of control like my glass habit. I just hoard glass. Maybe I should make promises to myself about the glass collecting. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.

Cate said...

I have a few balls of cotton crochet thread. yours if you want 'em! I am SO over thread crochet! now ask me why I am knitting with silk cobweb and beads...clearly I am insane!