Monday, July 28, 2008

Glass plate and matching coasters.....


Finally I have finished this plate and set of matching coasters. This has been in the process for a while, but between the heat and a really bad week of storms, I just wasn't able to get it completed.

I used the System 96 pebbles and placed them on the edges of the glass, tack fused and then slumped. What was so nice, was that the pebbles didn't stretch or lose their shape during the slumping process. The coasters are one layer of clear and the bottom is covered in pebbles. They lay nice and flat - I was worried about that in the beginning. I didn't want them to be wobbly, then they wouldn't hold a glass or cup nice and steady.
As much as I love these, I will be selling this set. Hopefully it will go to a nice home!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.