Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Completed.....

Finally after a month of Monday nights, I finally finished restoring my tulip panel. Never again will I want to fix another piece, however if I have to I will. Repairing takes a lot more time, but it is interesting to see how everything is put together (either it is done well or badly). Apparently I put panels together very well. Yay!

Am I scared of repairs? Nope, not in the least. Am I scared of the time it takes? Sort of. All that time and anxiety made me upset because I wouldn't get to do other projects. It ate up my time and I haven't been able to really fire up the kiln as much as I would have liked. But hey, it got done. And now I can move on to new projects.

Now that I have finished it, I feel bad for the other projects ( lampshape and suncatcher) that never got "finished". Sure they are soldered but they do not have any patina on them. So that will be next once I get the darn black patina. And of course with the lampshade I will need to buy a lamp base. I don't even want to know how much that will cost.

No comments: