Friday, June 13, 2008

Flapper hat and scarf with a glass button...



I was able to combined glass with fiber in one piece. Sure the stitch markers were one thing, but these are together!
I bought this beautifully soft yarn (50% wool/50% llama) at the lys. The yarn was made right here in NH on the seacoast. I believe it is called Seacoast Yarns. The color is Acorn. I started on Tuesday with rolling the yarn into a ball and then I found a pattern for a ruffley scarf. I finished the scarf and was about to start on mittens when I found a flapper hat pattern. So instead of mittens I went with the hat and of course I had leftover so I made a flower to go onto the hat. Still needed something extra....Ooooo, I glass button! Perfect!

Now who will this go to? I am thinking of making this a Christmas gift for a friend. She wears alot of these colors so this might just be the thing for her.

No comments: