Sunday, August 10, 2008

Final pair of socks for now.....


It is offical. I am done with the crocheting socks for a while. I have completed four pairs in two months. I still have a few more to crochet before the holidays, but those can wait. Here is the latest pair made with Red Heart sock yarn. Yeah, I know I swore off that nasty brand, but believe it or not, it is a blend of wool and nylon. It doesn't smell like their acrylic stuff nor does it have that nasty scratchy texture. So yes, I will use their line of sock yarns, but don't expect me to actually use the other yarn that they produce. I like wool too much to use acrylic.
Now that the weather is starting to cool down a bit, I will be back at the kiln cooking glass. Hopefully tomorrow I will have some pictures of my milifiori experiments!


2 comments:

Cate said...

very pretty! is that the yarn that has aloe in it? I haven't tried it yet. I loaded up on sock yarns when I was at WEBS, so It'll be a while befoer I allow myself more.

PhilosophiKat said...

I've got a TON of excess yarnage (mostly the acrylic stuff) in a wide variety of colors... do you have suggestions on using this up and making something that's not... well... ugly? I'm desparate for patterns, and don't knit (yet)!

also, would love to see your crochet sock patterns. I'd like to try it