Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wall pockets....


The end of preschool is upon us and my daughter needs to give gifts to her wonderful teachers. I tried to go the non-glass route, but couldn't come up with anything. Then after a brief discussion on a glass related board, I thought that wall pockets would be a nice item to try (again).

In the past I have failed miserably when making these. Either the pocket would be too thin or the glass would fire and little sharp pointy things would emerge on the edges. That is not a good thing. So this time with a careful eye, I watched the firing process and stopped it before the pokey things emerged. I also used about four layers of 1/8 inch fiber paper. That made the pocket nice and big.

The dragonflies are done with a pearl mica powder and the glass is Spectrum 96. The hanger is fused to the back and out of sight.


No comments: