Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yeah, it isn't glass but I still have to show it off.


Yesterday I was out looking for a crochet hook. Unfortunately the store didn't have that size so I ended up getting lost in the fabric section. I was looking at some beautiful fabric with lots of nice patterns and got a great idea. I will MAKE myself a new handbag. Since I love my fabric one I got at my daughter's school craft fair, I was going to try to make my own. I bought two lovely pieces and went home to wash them.


About three hours later (that includes pattern making, cutting, piecing together and sewing) I came out with this beautiful bag. Will I make more? Possibly. Do I still like Vera Bradley bags? Very much so. Do I like my other hand made bag that I got at a craft fair? Yes, of course. Is making it myself a heck of alot cheaper? Yes indeed!

In fact I will be heading out to the fabric store today to pick up a bit more fabric. Thinking about it now, I should have taken a picture of the inside. It is the same as the outside pocket - that pretty paisly pattern.

No comments: