Thursday, September 4, 2008

Draping glass..


A few weeks ago I tried to drape art glass. I have oodles of stained glass that was just sitting there in my workshop collecting dust. I figured that I would drape some of those pieces and make candle shelters and small vases. Well, it didn't work. The pieces cracked and some shattered. Many times art glass cannot be draped or slumped. Sometimes it does work out, but many times it doesn't.

I picked up the pieces and tried again but this time I used fusible glass. The orange piece is System 96. It is big enough to be a small vase, but works much better as a votive holder. I will be making more of these in other colors and selling them for about $8-10. The smaller ones are Bullseye 90 coe with milifioris. These will sell for $7 -10 depending on the amount of milifiori that is added.

No comments: